The Mekong. One of the world’s greatest rivers; a vital artery bringing life to grand cities and remote communities as it snakes through stunning landscapes from the mountains to the sea. Experience the best of this iconic river, in style, aboard a luxury river cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam.
Witness the sunrise over centuries-old Angkor Wat before exploring this impressive monument for yourself, learning of the rich history and culture of the Khmer Empire. Then, climb aboard the 4-star Lan Diep river ship and experience the wonder of the Mekong over nine incredible nights. Discover Kampong Chhnang, one of the largest fishing ports on the Tonle Sap lake; visit the Vihara of the Wat Kampong Tralach Leu Pagoda, set among beautiful rice fields; and enjoy free time and a guided tour of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s impressive capital. Cross the border into Vietnam and experience the river port of Sa Dec, known for its stunning flower farms; travel by small boat among the orchards of Cai Bec, enjoy a guided tour of Ho Chi Minh City and more! Package includes return international flights, a relaxing nine-night Mekong river cruise, English-speaking local tour guides and more. If you long to discover Vietnam and Cambodia, this is the trip you’ve been waiting for!
Have more time? Choose from a pre-tour extension in Siem Reap, a post-tour extension in Hanoi and Halong Bay, or combine the extensions to experience the best of both worlds! The choice is yours.
- Experience the centuries-old culture of Cambodia and Vietnam
- Witness the sunrise over the Angkor complex from Phnom Bakheng Hill
- Discover the ancient Angkor Wat, one of the largest religious monuments in the world
- Explore Kampong Chhnang, one of the largest fishing ports on the Tonle Sap
- Visit the Vihara of the Wat Kampong Tralach Leu Pagoda, set among the rice fields
- See Koh Chen, where the inhabitants are experts in silver and copper work
- Enjoy time at leisure in Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital
- Visit the Silver Pagoda, the Central Market and more on a tour of Phnom Penh
- Dock in Koh Oknha Tei (Silk Island) where you may view a silk weaving demonstration
- Visit the border town of Chau Doc, along the banks of the Hau Giang River
- Explore a local Cham village of silk weavers and fish farms
- Witness the vast Mekong Delta from the top of Sam Hill
- Experience the river port of Sa Dec, famous for its fading colonial villas
- Marvel at the stilted houses of Vinh Long
- Travel by small boats through beautiful orchards to the town of Caï Be
- Learn about local rice popcorn, spring rolls, rice alcohol and coconut sweets on the Mekong
- See the fruit trees nursery on the island of Binh Hoa Phuoc
- Explore the My Tho area, renowned for its pretty villages and fruit orchards
- Visit a beekeeping farm where you may taste local honey and enjoy exotic fruits
- Enjoy a city tour of Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, National History Museum and more
- Learn about the Viet Cong at the Cú Chi Tunnels
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 10 September 2020.
This travel offer is priced for one person based on twin share.
Single Traveller Supplement
For solo travellers a mandatory single supplement applies:
12 Day Package
- MainDeck Cabin: $1700
- Upper Deck Cabin: $1900
14 Day Package with Pre Tour Extension
- Main Deck Cabin: $1800
- Upper Deck Cabin: $2000
17 Day Package with Post Tour Extension
- Main Deck Cabin: $1900
- Upper Deck Cabin: $2100
19 Day Package with Pre & Post Tour Extension
- Main Deck Cabin: $2000
- Upper Deck Cabin: $2200
12 Day Package & 17 Day Package with Post Tour Extension
October: *24 (SOLD OUT)
May: 11, 23
14 Day Package with Pre Tour Extension & 19 Day Package with Pre & Post Tour Extension
October: *22 (SOLD OUT)
May: 9, 21
Please note: dates/months with a * incur a high season surcharge of $100 per person.
Sydney, Melbourne, *Brisbane, *Adelaide or Perth
*Brisbane, *Adelaide: $150 per person
Booking terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Additional optional tours available but not included. For full information about this amazing package, email us at [email protected] or phone 07 4687 5555 and speak to our friendly Travel Team.
a basic level of fitness will be required. Customers may be required to transfer to smaller local boats for optional excursions which will require some mobility.